The Newtown Local Court is located right next to the Newtown police station, and is also located within a 5 minute walk from the Newtown train station.
The Newtown court building contains a number of smaller court rooms, each consisting of a Presiding Magistrate who hears all criminal and traffic cases, including:
- AVO, common assault, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, child abuse material, indecent assault and sexual assault charges
- Drink driving charges, drug driving, drive whist disqualified charges
- Possession of prohibited drugs, supply prohibited drugs, cultivate charges
- Fraud charges, larceny charges, and firearms charges
- Bail applications, s32 mental health applications, defended hearings, sentences and committal hearings
The leading team of senior criminal and traffic defence lawyers at Criminal Defence Lawyers Australia specialise in those charges, and regularly appear at the Newtown Local Court. They have achieved outstanding results for over 20 years with a proven track record in getting charges dropped early, not guilty verdicts, and s10 dismissals.
Their senior lawyers are available 24/7, offer fixed fees for most cases and provide free first consultations to all.