Facing a terrorism charge is daunting enough. Media attention makes it worse which then also impacts on being able to get a fair trial.
We have a specialist legal team with expertise in terrorism laws, comprising of Australia’s leading barristers and solicitors working together to protect your rights and freedom.
Terrorist offences fall under the Commonwealth Criminal Code Laws. The main Terrorist offences include the following:
- Engaging in or training in preparation for a terrorist act
- Possessing things connected with a terrorist act
- Collecting or making documents likely to facilitate terrorist acts
- Other acts done in preparation for, or planning, terrorist acts
- Directing activities of a terrorist organisation
- Membership of a terrorist organisation
- Recruiting for a terrorist organisation
- Training involving a terrorist organisation
- Funding a terrorist organisation
- Providing support to a terrorist organisation
- Associating with a terrorist organisation
- Financing terrorism
- Financing a terrorist
In addition to the above Terrorism offences, it’s important to explore all available terrorist defences under the law in Australia.