Newcastle District Court is located inside the same building as the Newcastle Local Court and is located close to the Newcastle train station and Newcastle police station.
The Newcastle District Court has a number of court rooms inside the building, with each court room having its own Presiding District Court Judge who hears all serious criminal and traffic law cases, including:
- All bail applications, severity and conviction appeals that come from the local court, all sentence and jury trials
- All drug charges including supply, importation, cultivation ad manufacture charges
- Break and enter, serious fraud charges and larceny charges
- All assault charges, including sexual assault, indecent and child abuse material
- All firearm charges, mental health defences, including s32 applications
The team at Criminal Defence Lawyers Australia are available to take your call 24/7 and offer free first consultations and fixed fees for most cases.
They have a team of specialist senior criminal and traffic defence lawyers who regularly appear at the Newcastle District Court, and hold over 20 years experience in maintaining an exceptional track record of successfully getting section 10 non convictions, securing not guilty verdicts in jury trials, and getting charges dropped or downgraded early for serious charges on countless occasions over the years.