Hannah Moffat is a senior ex-police prosecutor turned criminal defence lawyer, & a senior member of the CDLA team.
Hannah is a very well respected and highly sought after criminal lawyer who has years of prosecution experience that her clients now benefit from in criminal defence.
For years, Hannah has appeared in serious criminal cases. She is familiar with Magistrates, Judges, police prosecutors and the criminal justice system.
This unique experience combined with her knowledge of prosecution tactics provides Hannah’s clients with a significant, yet unique strategic advantage, as she now uses her unique skills to successfully defend her clients in court.
A background in prosecution allows Hannah to effectively negotiate with the prosecutors to get serious charges withdrawn or dismissed early, saving her clients legal fees and stresses of going to court.
Since joining the CDLA team, Hannah has maintained a proven track record of achieving outstanding results in successfully getting charges withdrawn and dismissed early, ‘not guilty’ verdicts, and section 10 non-convictions.
Hannah has truly earned the reputation as one of the very best criminal defence lawyers in Australia. She graduated from University with a Bachelor of Laws with Honours (Class 1 Div II).
She has an associate degree in Policing Practice; completed a LEADR mediation course; and has a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the College of Law. She is admitted to practice as a lawyer all the way up from the Local Court, District Court, Supreme Court, and the High Court of Australia.
Hannah is a high performing, results driven, criminal defence lawyer who has mastered the art of finding the devil in the detail in complex briefs of evidence to achieve justice for her clients. Her exceptionally refined court-room advocacy skills and a never give up attitude has led to her achieving outstanding results for her clients.
Hannah is the best advantage a person facing serious criminal charges can have on their side. Her empathetic, highly intelligent, and non-judgmental personality allows her to truly ensure that no stone is left un-turned from from beginning to end. She works around the clock and relentlessly fights to win.
Hannah is highly specialised in the following areas of complex criminal law:
- Supreme Court Bail Applications.
- District Court jury trials & sentence proceedings.
- Local Court hearings.
- Appeals across all courts from District, Supreme to High Court.
- Complex fraud, white-collar crime, corporate crime, and Centrelink charges.
- Domestic Violence and Apprehended Violence Orders.
- Sex charges, including child sex and child abuse material charges.
- Firearms and weapons charges.
- Drug Possession, supply, ongoing supply, cultivation, manufacture, and commercial importation charges.
- Crime Commission and ICAC matters.
- Murder & Manslaughter.
- Driving dangerously or negligently occasioning death or grievous bodily harm.
- Serious drink driving charges, including high-range drink driving and mid-range drink driving where your driver licence is your livelihood and/or it is essential to maintain a conviction free record.