The Wollongong Local Court is situated close to the Wollongong train station and right next to the Wollongong police station.
The Local Court at Wollongong is located within a large building which contains a number of smaller court rooms inside it. Each court room has a presiding Magistrates who hears all criminal and traffic law cases, including:
- Drive while disqualified and drink driving
- AVO and all assault charges including common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm
- Larceny and Fraud charges
- All drug offences including drugs possession and supply of prohibited drugs, cultivation
- Firearms charges
- All assaults including indecent assault, sexual assault and child abuse material
- All bail applications, sentences and defended hearings
- All committal hearings and mental health s32 applications
Criminal Defence Lawyers Australia have a senior team of leading criminal and traffic defence lawyers who regularly appear, and are familiar with the Magistrates and prosecutors, at the Wollongong Local Court. They are available 24/7 offering free first consultations and fixed fees for most cases.
Their senior defence lawyers have over 20 years experience specialising in those charges, and hold an outstanding proven track record of successfully getting charges dropped early, securing not guilty verdicts in court, and achieving countless number of s10 non convictions over the years.