The Wollongong District Court is located inside the same building as the Wollongong local court which is located right next to the Wollongong police station, only a short walking distance from the Wollongong train station.
The District Court in Wollongong has a number of court rooms, each having its own Presiding Judge who hears all serious criminal and traffic law cases, including:
- All serious drug charges including importation, manufacture, cultivate and supply
- Break and enter, larceny and serious fraud charges
- Serious firearms charges
- All serious sexual assault charges, including child abuse material
- All serious assault charges, Grievous bodily harm and wounding, including mental health defences, and s32 applications
- All bail applications, severity and convictions appeals and jury trials
Criminal Defence Lawyers Australia have a team of leading Senior Criminal and Traffic Lawyers who specialise in these charges, and regularly appear at the Wollongong District Court, with familiarity with the Judges there. They have an outstanding proven track record of exceptional results in successfully getting charges dropped early, getting not guilty verdicts in complex jury trials and achieving section 10 non convictions for their client for over 20 years on countless occasions.
For realistic and practical guidance and advice, they are available 24/7 and offer free first consultations and fixed fees for most cases.