The Tamworth District Court is situated approximately half way between Sydney and Brisbane. It is located on the corner of Marius and Fitzroy Street.
It contains a Presiding Judge who hears all serious and complex criminal and traffic cases, including:
- Serious Jury Trials, sentences, severity appeals, conviction appeals
- Apprehended Violence Orders and bail applications
- Mental health defences including s32 applications
- Serious fraud, larceny and break and enter charges
- All firearms charges, wounding and grievous bodily harm charges, sexual assault, indecent assault, child abuse material charges
- Drug importations, cultivate, supply prohibited drugs, possession prohibited drugs and manufacture prohibited drug charges
- Drink driving, drive whilst disqualified, drug driving, negligent driving occasioning death
The experienced team at Criminal Defence Lawyers Australia are leading senior criminal and traffic defence lawyers who appear at the Tamworth District Court. They are specialists in all criminal and traffic cases with over 20 years experience and proven success in getting charges dropped early, not guilty verdicts in jury trials, and section 10 dismissals.
Available 24/7, their senior lawyers offer free first consultations and fixed fees for most cases.