Sutherland Local Court is located a short walk from the Sutherland Train Station, which is also located close to the Sutherland police station.
The Sutherland local court building contains a number of court rooms inside it with each court room having it’s own Magistrate presiding over it who hears all criminal and traffic law cases, including:
- Drink driving and drive while disqualified
- AVO and all assault charges
- All drug charges, including supply prohibited drugs and possession of prohibited drugs, including cultivation charges
- Larceny and fraud charges
- Firearms and weapons charges
- Indecent assault, sexual assault and child abuse material charges
- Mental health defences, including s32 applications
- Sentences, defended hearing, committal hearing and all bail applications
Our team of senior criminal and traffic defence lawyers regularly appear at the Sutherland Local Court specialising in criminal and traffic charges. They hold an exceptional proven track record for over 20 years in getting charges dropped early, securing not guilty verdicts in court, and achieving s10 non convictions for their clients on countless occasions.
For guidance and advice, our senior defence lawyers are available 24/7 and offer free first consultations and fixed fees for most cases.