The Newcastle Local Court is located close to the Newcastle train station and Newcastle police station.
The Local Court has a number of court rooms inside it which each have a presiding Magistrate who hears all criminal and traffic cases including:
- Defended hearing, sentences and all bail applications and committal hearings
- All assault charges including indecent assault, sexual assault and child abuse material, common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm
- Firearm charges, fraud and larceny charges
- All kinds of drug charges including possession, supply and cultivate
- AVOs, drive while disqualified and drink driving charges
Criminal Defence Lawyers Australia have amongst the most highly respected and experienced senior criminal and traffic lawyers specialising in those charges, who regularly appear at the Newcastle Local Court. They are available 24/7 and offer free first consultations and fixed fees for most cases.
Their team of senior criminal defence lawyers have over 20 years experience, with a proven track record of successfully getting charges dropped early, achieving not guilty verdicts in court, and getting section 10 non convictions on countless times over those years.