The Downing Centre District Court, also known as the Sydney District Court, is located within the same building as the Downing Centre Local Court building. It is situated right in front of our city office, suite 507, level 5, 267 Castlereagh St, Sydney which is close to the Museum Train Station in the Sydney CBD area.
There are a number of courts inside the Downing Centre District Court, each with its own presiding Judge who hears all serious criminal and traffic cases, including:
- All traffic and driving charges, including drink driving and drive while disqualified charges
- All drug charges, including importation, cultivation, supply and manufacture charges
- All firearms, and assault charges, including wounding and grievous bodily harm, sexual assault, indecent assault and child abuse material charges
- Serious fraud, break and enter, and larceny charges
- AVO’s, and all bail applications
- Mental health defences and section 32 applications
- Serious jury trials, sentences, severity and conviction appeals
The Senior criminal and traffic defence lawyers at CDLA regularly appear at the Downing Centre District Court who specialise in only criminal and traffic charges. With a proven success record to date, they hold over 20 years experience in successfully securing not guilty verdicts in serious jury trials, achieving s10 non convictions, and getting charges dropped or downgraded on countless occasions.
For urgent realistic and practical advice, their senior lawyers are available 24/7, providing free first consultations and fixed fees for most cases.